Tretinoin Cream is used for reducing the appearance of fine wrinkles, certain dark and light spots, or roughness of facial skin.
Tretinoin Cream Uses
Tretinoin Cream is used for reducing the appearance of fine wrinkles, certain dark and light spots, or roughness of facial skin. Tretinoin Cream is used with a total skin care and sunlight avoidance program. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Directions for Tretinoin Cream
Use Tretinoin Cream as directed by your doctor. Tretinoin Cream is for external use only.
- Remove all cosmetics with a mild soap before applying Tretinoin Cream. Gently dry the area.
- Wait 20 to 30 minutes to make sure that skin is completely dry.
- Squeeze a small amount (quarter inch or less) of the medicine onto the fingertip. This should be enough to cover the entire affected area.
- Wash your hands immediately after using Tretinoin Cream.
- Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Tretinoin Cream.
Tretinoin Cream Drug Class and Mechanism
Tretinoin Cream is a vitamin A derivative. How it works is not known. It is thought to work by removing layers of the outer cells, which smoothes the skin’s surface and reduces the appearance of spots.
If you miss a dose of Tretinoin Cream, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule.
Storage of Tretinoin Cream
Store Tretinoin Cream at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep in a tight, light-resistant container. Keep Tretinoin Cream out of the reach of children and away from pets.